Thursday, June 19, 2014

Creative Game - Scratch

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23685610/

I made a lot of revisions to the first idea I had of what I wanted this game to be. I first wanted the monkey to case bananas, but I also wanted apples to fall. Each time apples would fall, the monkey would have to start over the level, but I had trouble with that, so I took the apples out of the game. I thought about what would make my game good, what would make it meet the requirements, and also what I was capable of doing and understanding. I started with the idea that whenever the score would reach 20, the level would change and more bananas would start falling. I had a lot of trouble with that because I wasn't able to make the level change when the score reached 20. To work through this, I decided to add a time to the level. I added a time to each level with a song. The first level has a time limit of 16 seconds, the second level has a time limit of 9 seconds, and the third has a time limit of 7 seconds. I tested this many times, finding out problems with the game, revising them, and making sure that it worked each time it was played correctly and the way that I wanted it to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment